Welcome

Hi everyone, glad you could visit me.
marlaruthnelson@gmail.com

Tuesday 11 September 2012

RTQA Block

We are now to the last two blocks for the RTQA. Only one more to go after this one. Sixteen weeks go pretty fast. I don't normally get much sewing done during the summer with work and everything else going on. So it was really nice having this quilt along to follow. We are going to do some rearranging at the trailer so I have a place to set up my sewing machine for next summer. Having the machine set up at the table all summer was a pain but glad that I took it.

So here is number fifteen of the RTQA called the Kentucky chain block. I must say this is one of the easiest blocks that I have put together. Thanks Em at Sewing by Moonlight for all the hard work you did this summer.

 
I also got my Vintage Christmas quilt in the quilt frames. I was hoping to get it finished before I left before my trip but have to go back to PEI to work for a few days.



 
I probably won't be doing much posting for a couple of weeks as I won't get home until Saturday and I am leaving to take my mother on a bus trip on Sunday to Pennsylvania. Can't wait. My mother is taking a friend and I am taking a friend also. My friend Marjorie from Marjorie's Busy corner. So between the two of us we should have some quilting pictures to share. The Amish makes such beautiful quilts. The tour guide who is also a friend has already told us he will be taking us to some fabric stores. I did this trip two years ago and had a great time. I had found one Amish quilt shop at Country Kettle shops and plan to skip lunch and head right there. Can't wait. My credit card is empty so I am all set.
 
Well time to go and get something done so everyone have a great day. Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. That is going to be a beautiful quilt Marla. Have a fun trip!
    c

    ReplyDelete