Welcome

Hi everyone, glad you could visit me.
marlaruthnelson@gmail.com

Tuesday 3 February 2015

 Do love these snow days for getting things done. I finished these two projects and had a   very nice visit from my granddaughter  Lauren. She beat me at cards but other than that a  very nice visit.

I love how this Christmas tree skirt turned out. I like when projects come together. My granddughter Lauren was wondering why I was doing Christmas gifts in February.  Never to early to Start.


This is a project I love and a very pretty runner from Sew Fresh Quilts, a Kona Club challenge. This was a new way for me to do the binding,the Flanged binding. Sew Sisters quilt shop has  a tutorial for this. I also found  a video called Susie Magic binding video tutorial from Aunt Marti's
 52 Quilts.com. I narrowed the binding by 1/2" as I found it to wide. I really like the effect and it had a very nice finish.



Looks like more snow Thursday. Wonder what I will finish up then. Have  great snow day.


3 comments: